25 Humorous thoughts for the day

Thursday 17 July 2014


Hello again 

I see tonnes of quotes and E-cards everyday on various websites that often make me smile and laugh, and can sometimes even be thought provoking. Today, I want to share a collection of humorous thoughts and quotes I’ve stumbled upon this past week. I hope that by reading this little list, I can help brighten your day!

I got the idea to do this post from Suzie81 Speaks, you can read her post here.


1. A celebrity is a person who works hard all his life to become well known, then wears dark glasses to avoid being recognized.

2. The fridge is a perfect example of what’s inside is what matters.

3. If money doesn’t grow on trees why do banks have branches?

4. Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

5. If you have nothing to be grateful for, check your pulse.

6. Common sense is not so common.

7. If two ants elope, are they antelopes?

8. You can't have everything... where would you put it?

9. There is nothing more annoying than two people talking while you’re trying to interrupt.

10. The evening news is where they begin with ‘Good evening’, and then proceed to tell you why it isn’t.

11. Maybe the sun doesn’t want to be called hot, maybe it wants to be called beautiful.

12. At my funeral I’d like there to be a piñata so that people can be happy, but filled with bees so they’re not too happy.

13. The closest to perfection a person ever comes is when he fills out a job application form.

14. Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.

15. Ham and eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.

16. The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

17. When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

18. Some days, you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue, just live with it.

19. When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

20. We live in an age where pizza gets to your home before police.

21. If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.

22. The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

23. Duct tape is like the Force; it has a dark side, a light side, and it's what holds the universe together.

24. You grow up the day you have your first real laugh -- at yourself.

25. The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.


If you know of any funny or clever quotes, or if you just enjoyed reading this post, be sure to leave a comment- I love reading you’re messages! Remember to check back on Monday when I share a lovely recipe with you all!

Just before I leave, I also want to add that I’ve been overwhelmed by the amount of support you all have given me especially over the past week. I really appreciate all the kind words and messages I’ve received, they mean so much to me! Thankyou from the bottom of my heart! :)

Have a beautiful day
 Love Megan xo

2 comments

  1. Haha awesome quotes!
    I hate pigeons! I'm always afraid of being pooped on. I rather always be the pigeon and never the statue (I know it was metaphorical lol)

    Love the job application one. Lol so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree, pigeon seems like the way to go lol. I'm so glad you enjoyed my post! Thanks for reading! Xo

    ReplyDelete