Inspiration Monday #1: Geometric Love

Monday 11 August 2014

Hello Everybody, I hope you've all had a wonderful weekend!
 
I wanted to start a new series today called 'Inspiration Monday'. Its a series that will be updated about once a month on, yep you guessed it- Monday's! I want to feature different trends and styles that I've been loving and perhaps even inspire some of you to explore some new styles!
 
For the first instalment, I wanted to start off with a new love of mine, Geometry.
 
I'm sure you'd know that geometric prints and patterns have been absolutely everywhere this year. From interiors to fashion-There's no escaping this trend! The last time I thought of Geometry was back in math class and i'll admit, there aren't many pleasant memories there. Its fantastic to view the subject in a different light.

Geometric design has existed as long as we have. Movements such as Bauhaus and Art Deco have brought it to the attention of the public at large. I believe the style has been given new light and had taken inspiration from the technological boom of the 1900's and its introduction of new materials and programs to assist in the formation of new geometric styles.

http://society6.com/kindofstyle/cube-pink_print#1=45
 https://www.etsy.com/listing/62778299/scale-necklace
http://www.bloglovin.com/frame?
 http://andthenwesaved.com/geometric-sculpture-diy/#more-7117
http://scoreandsolder.bigcartel.com/product/suspended-tetra
http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/jackies-bright-airy-west-village-studio-house-tour-201102#gallery/46675/9
 https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/84129761/himmeli-no-4-modern-hanging-mobile
http://www.flickr.com/photos/55397648@N00/6083681866/in/photostream

I've really grown to love this style. The lines and shapes intrigue me and the sharp edges of the geometric patterns add an energy to the space. I believe accessories such as these will be a welcomed fresh perspective to design.
So what's your verdict.. Is this a trend you'll be trying?Let me know what you think of this new series as well as what you think of geometric print! If you love the style, you can also check out my geometric Pinterest board for more pinspiration! 

Love Megan xo

10 comments

  1. I really like this. My husband and I are currently trying to agree on colours/ patterns to decorate our bedroom and I think this could be perfect! He'd like the pattern and I could probably get away with some "girly" colours thrown in. Awsome :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey darling, thanks for reading!
      I think this style would be perfect. The sharp angels make it appear more masculine and pairing this with softer colours could combine your two worlds! Let me know how you get on with it! I'd love to see if you were able to use this trend!
      Have a lovely day xo

      Delete
  2. I'm in love with all of your picks for this post, so beautiful. I love your inspiration Monday idea too, this is definitely the sort of thing my Monday needed!
    Hannah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Hannah,
      As always, thankyou for reading my post! I really appreciate it. I’m so glad you loved this post and think it’s a wonderful series idea- I’m so excited to post next month’s instalment! Have a lovely day!
      Megan xo

      Delete
  3. This is a really unique post! I love it, Can't wait for next month! :)xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading my post, I’m so glad you enjoyed it! I’m super excited for it as well and I’m so pleased with the response I’ve had and just can’t wait to write more!
      Hope you are having a fantastic day!
      Megan xo

      Delete
  4. I love Geometry, and I've even got a geometric tattoo too! :)
    Lovely post. I really love the idea of this new series too. I cant wait to read the next!

    Sarah
    www.abubblylady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Sarah for reading my post! As always, it’s greatly appreciated! I’m so glad you enjoyed it; it’s always wonderful to receive positive feedback! I’d love to see a picture of your tattoo! Im just obsessed with the trend at the moment! Haha
      Have a great day lovely!
      Megan xo

      Delete
  5. I love architecture and design geometric prints and storage. Some great looks Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Lucy, I'm so glad you love these looks just as much as I do!

      Megan xo

      Delete