Inspiration Monday #2: Pretty Pastels

Monday 1 September 2014

Hello again friends!

Well, Spring has finally sprung and I couldn't be more excited! Its time to bring out the sundresses, get the barbecues ready and enjoy the lovely, warm sunshine. To welcome this beautiful season, I thought it was only fitting to make pastels the theme for todays 'Inspiration Monday' post!


Oh Pastels..

  This ever so feminine and beautifully classic colour palette has made a huge comeback in the past few years with the contemporary interpretation of this 1950's phenomenon. These soft colours are high in intensity but low in saturation which means they are bright colours but appear quite pale.

Tip: Its a good idea to consider pastels when decorating your home or when creating outfits as its an easy way to introduce colour without having to be bold.

 
ref=sr_gallery_14&ga_search_query=mint+green&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_original_query=2&ga

I just adore this timeless trend. There's something about it that makes me want to reminisce over lemonade, ice cream and running through lawn sprinklers in the summers. It reminds me of innocence and laughter. I cant even glance at these soft, milky hues without them leaving a smile on my face.

So what do you think of this candy coloured trend? As always, you can check out my pastels Pinterest board for more ideas and inspiration!

Be sure to check out last months post for my thoughts on the geometric trend too!

Have a wonderful week
Love Megan xo


12 comments

  1. I always forget that people on the internet aren't just in the same place as me until I read this and you said spring is coming. We're just about losing Summer here so I think pastel season is over for me :( I absolutely love the things you rounded up in this post though, the half painted wooden chairs and stool are absolutely to die for!
    Hannah
    Hannah Bakes Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed my post Hannah
      Yeah unfortunately this post isn't fitting for all my friends in the northern hemisphere, but hey..who says you can't rock pastels in the fall?
      I hope the start to Autumn was a pleasant one for you anyway! Enjoy your week
      Megan xo

      Delete
  2. What lovely items! I love the pastel trend, but just like Hannah said- it doesn't match so well with a dreary English autumn! I love following blogs around the world though, it's always spring/summer somewhere! :)
    Jennifer xx
    www.ginevrella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it so interesting learning about the time and season differences from around the world? I absolutely love it! I'm so glad you loved this post, and I hope you have had a wonderful start to Autumn
      Have a fantastic week darling!
      Megan xo

      Delete
  3. I forever and always love pastels. These photos are all so pretty!

    I hope you're enjoying the day off.

    xo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comment Jackie, and I'm so glad you enjoyed this post!
      I adore pastels too!! Have a lovely week!
      Megan xo

      Delete
  4. I'm jealous that your spring is just arriving! Summer is ending where I am :(

    Love those pretty pastels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, just think of that absolutely amazing fall fashion! The cooler months can be just as wonderful!
      I'm so glad you love pastels and enjoyed my post, Thankyou so much for reading!
      Megan xo

      Delete
  5. Absolutely love these photos, all of the pastel colours are so pretty!

    Salt and Chic // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for your lovely comment, it's so lovely to see that you love my post!
      I'm glad you enjoy pastels just as much as I do! Have a wonderful day
      Megan xo

      Delete
  6. I love mint green! your post has just made me realise that i NEED a mint green typewrite in my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh isn't it just gorgeous? I absolutely adore it! I totally agree with you, I need to have this! Haha
      Thanks for reading and I hope you have a fantastic day!
      Megan xo

      Delete